Ivnitzia-Chervone

PRIMARY COUNTRY RESIDENCE OF FEDOR TERESHCHENKO FAMILY

 

FRONT ENTRANCE C. 1905

Chervone Palace is located in Chervone, a small settlement of Andrushevsko, which is located in the Zhytomir area approximately half way

between Andrushevsko and Berdichev. Until the XVIII century, it as well as the entire district of Chervone belonged to the Tishkevichev

family. Subsequently, it was passed to the Grokholsky magnates. Somewhere in first half of the XIX century, Adolf Grokholsky

constructed there a big three-tier, quadrangular palace in Neo-Gothic style. Soon after Adolf Grokholsky's death, his widow sold

Chervone Palace (together with a local sugar factory) to Fedor Terestchenko. ??restchenko and his brother Nicola, were not only

 well-known industrialists  but were also reknowned patrons of the arts. ??restchenko essentially reconstructed the palace in Chervone

 and the structure became asymmetrical as a result.

 

REAR VIEW FROM FORMAL GARDENS C. 1905

                 

 

MAP OF ZHYTOMIR OBLAST

 

CURRENT VIEWS 100 YEARS LATER 

                                          

 

   

 

  

 

   

 

  

Interior Views of Main Hall

                       

                                                       

 

 ORIGINAL PHOTO FROM 1930